Names: Leatherleaf Fern or Arachniodes adiantiformis
Length: small, medium, large
Country of origin: Guatemala, Costa Rica, Mexico, Honduras, Florida U.S.A.
Availability: All year round
Range: Orca, Green Beauty
The story of
Leatherleaf Fern (Arachniodes Adiantiformis) grows in large parts of Central America and Mexico, but also in Southern Europe. These leaves have been used in bouquets for many years.
Leatherleaf originates amongst others in Central America and South Africa, Leatherleaf grows best in a subtropical environment, but it prefers to stay out of the warm sun and enjoys the cool shade. Therefore, you will find this plant in, for example, swampy areas, around caves and waterfalls. Here they reproduce quickly and they can spread in colonies over the ground.
Where does Leatherleaf Fern grow?
Leatherleaf Fern grows under saran (black shade cloth) as protection from the sun. The full grown Leatherleaf is cut and sorted to size. At one grower, sorting is done directly in the field, after which the bunches are placed in the refrigerator as quickly as possible; With other growers, this entire process takes place in the processing shed.
From field to bouquet
Leatherleaf is also partly vacuum packed. Adomex let it ship by container and by airfreight. Leatherleaf is often used as the outer edge of bouquets and is a very strong green variety .
Did you know?
That the name “Leatherleaf” refers to the strong, leathery and green foliage of the plant. In nature, the Leatherleaf Fern propagates itself, and they can certainly take a beating!
Leatherleaf Fern is often used in combination with roses, but are you looking for a more refreshing combination?
Try Leatherleaf with for instance Callas!
the ADOMEX webshop
- Find a broad and diverse assortment of beautiful decoration green
- Adomex offers more then cut and decoration green. We also provide preserved and painted products and natural decoration articles
- The webshop works on all devices and is very user-friendly
- Become a customer to get access to our webshop
- When you already are a Adomex customer you can log in automatically and start buying
- Don’t have a login yet? You can also access our webshop as a visitor