Latin name: Pistacia atlantica
Length: 35 – 65 cm
Countries of origin: North Africa and South Europe
Availability: All year round
The story of
The plants are shrubs and small trees about five to fifteen meters high and belong to the cashew nut family. There are about 20 species, mainly found in warm and semi-desert areas in Africa and in parts of southern Europe. Trees of the Pistacia vera species are grown in Iran for its edible seeds and in North-Africa they use the resin from the tree to make essential oils.
The perfect filler
for your bouquet!
From field to bouquet
The Pistacia is generally cut in the forest. These bunches are then bundled in different lengths. After this process, the ‘cutters’ offer their product to the traders. The traders inspect the branches and when the quality is good enough the traders prepare the bunches for transport. We work together with a couple of the companies that work with extrem precision. These companies select the product by length and volume, before they send it to us. This gives us a very tightly selected product, which our customers can use immediately.
After the product has been cut in the country of origin in nature, it is placed in water as soon as possible after processing in forests, preferably in a cold room. Once sufficient water has been absorbed, the product can be shipped dry to Adomex locations. After arrival, the bunches are put in water again to guarantee a longer vase life.
Pistacia is one of the most commonly used fillers in bouquets. The small, fine leaves are dark green and leathery.
In today’s market this product is very popular because of its firm leaves and long vase life.
the ADOMEX webshop
- Find a broad and diverse assortment of beautiful decoration green
- Adomex offers more then cut and decoration green. We also provide preserved and painted products and natural decoration articles
- The webshop works on all devices and is very user-friendly
- Become a customer to get access to our webshop
- When you already are a Adomex customer you can log in automatically and start buying
- Don’t have a login yet? You can also access our webshop as a visitor