The story of
Aspidistra Eliator grows in Guatemala, Florida, Italy, Israel etc. Adomex imports it mainly from Florida, Guatemala and also from Italy. The name originates from ancient Greek, aspidion means ‘shield’.
In general, this product is known as a houseplant. These plants are evergreen and herbaceous: the leaves come directly from the roots. In 1800 they were brought from China to Europe and they belong to the long-used houseplants.
Beautiful and sturdy leaf
for your bouquet!
Where does it grow?
The climate in Central America is ideal for the cultivation of Aspidistra, but it also grows excellently in Italy. The leaves are grown under a ‘saran’ or shade cloth to protect the plants against the bright sun.
From field to bouquet
After cutting, the leaves are dipped into water to soak off the first dirt. Then each leaf is swept clean individually. This has nothing to do with chemicals, but the leaves are often dull and full of mud after watering the plants.
Did you know?
Quarter leaf’ and ‘butcher’s plant’ are popular names for Aspidistra. This plant can withstand very low temperatures and does not need a lot of light. Therefor this plant was often kept in butcher shops and that’s the reason people call it a butcher’s plant.
In addition to the green variant, Adomex also has two other variants: the Milky Way (speckled) and the Variegated (striped). These are actually genetic abnormalities of the original plant.
Aspidistra is gratefully used by creative people with green fingers. These leaves can be strengthened on wire and they are easy to fold, paste, turn, staple etc. to create a beautiful bouquet or arrangement.
the ADOMEX webshop
- Find a broad and diverse assortment of beautiful decoration green
- Adomex offers more then cut and decoration green. We also provide preserved and painted products and natural decoration articles
- The webshop works on all devices and is very user-friendly
- Become a customer to get access to our webshop
- When you already are a Adomex customer you can log in automatically and start buying
- Don’t have a login yet? You can also access our webshop as a visitor