Latin name: Danae racemosa
Length: 45 – 90 cm
Adomex imports from: Italy
Available: all year round
The story of
Italian Ruscus, or Danae racemosa, is originally from Asia and seems to have arrived in Italy in the time of Lorenzo il Magnifico by missionaries who fled from those distant lands. Around 1920, growers from Liguria, a province in northwestern Italy, started growing this Danae racemosa on a larger scale to sell on the flower markets of Pescia and San Remo.
Where does Ruscus grow?
Cultivation usually takes place according to the common method, underneath shade nets. The plant is evergreen, formed by branches between 40 and 90 cm in length, and to a limited extend also up to 120 cm. Ruscus is selected by stem, weight and length.
The new season starts in June and continues until the following year in about April / May, depending on the weather.
When and How to Use
So, now that’s settled, there’s the matter of availability and usability. Because, when and how to use Italian ruscus? In a way, these stems are very versatile and easy to use, both as a single product and mixed in an arrangement or bouquet.
Italian Ruscus is like that famous Italian car brand with the prancing stallion: wild and seemingly untamable. Unlike other varieties from elsewhere, the Italian stems move in all directions, making any bouquet playful and joyful.
The super flexible stems are perfect for green garlands, for instance, to cover a long (wedding) table. And how about a nice hanging floral design with the ruscus as enlargement? No worries about the size, because the stems are widely available in all different sizes. The stems are available in sizes between 40 centimetres up to 120 centimetres.
la boutique en ligne d’Adomex
- Une large gamme de feuillages décoratifs
- Un ample assortiment de feuillages et mousses stabilisés, de végétaux peints et d’articles de décoration.
- Une boutique en ligne facile d’utilisation et qui fonctionne sur tous vos appareils
- La possibilité de créer un compte si vous n’êtes pas encore client d’Adomex
- La possibilité de se connecter 24h/24 et 7j/7 pour faire vos achats
- Pas encore client? Nous vous offrons un aperçu de notre boutique en ligne.